I love to bake, it relaxes me and puts me in a better mood. I also love scones, they’re the best with tea.
I decided to share this recipe with you all. It’s a basic recipe that can be customized. I added cranberries into one part of my dough and chocolate chips into the other. But you can add whatever you like. The key to these being so yummy is the Greek yogurt and butter. This isn’t the healthiest scone recipe but it’s very tasty. So if you love carbs and butter this is for you!
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 stick of unsalted butter(cold)
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cranberries (optional)
Juice of half a lemon (optional)
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups of Confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons of water
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
(Preheat oven to 350 degrees)
1. In a bowl mix together your dry ingredients.
2. Cut your butter into pieces and with your hands crumble it into the flour mixture. Do this until your butter and flour mixture looks like a crumble.
3. Stir in the cranberries or whatever you want. I also made chocolate chip scones. Get creative.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg and Greek yogurt.
5. Add yogurt mixture to flour. Then add lemon juice if you’re making this particular flavor. Combine together until you can form a ball.
6. Flour your surface and roll dough out into a circle. This doesn’t have to look perfect.
7. Cut into triangles.
8. Butter or use cooking spray on your pan.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
10. Let cool once you take them out.
In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar, water, and vanilla extract. Drizzle over scones.
I hope you all try this recipe and let me know what you think!